MOYSHE-YEKHIEL BARON (b. April 27, 1896)
Born in Gorshkovitz, in the Petrikov region. His father, Nosn-Dovid, was a grandson of the rebbe of Radoshitz. He was raised in the spirit of Hassidism. During the years of WWI, he perfected his knowledge of languages and pedagogy, and he became a Hebrew teacher. In 1917 he settled in Petrikov, founded the Hebrew public school “Mizrahi,” and served as its director and a teacher. He was a regular contributor to the Petrikov Zionist weekly Undzer tsaytung (Our newspaper). In 1924 he made aliya to Palestine. He published articles, stories, and works of reportage in the Hebrew press. A portion of them, as well as his translations from English, German, and Yiddish literature, appeared in book form. He was living in Tel Aviv.
Source: D. Tidhar, Entsiklopedyah leḥalutse hayishuv uvonav (Encyclopedia of the founders and builders of Israel) (Tel Aviv, 1947), vol. 1.
Post a Comment