YITSKHOK MAN (1906-1940)
The brother of Mendl Man, he was born in Warsaw. He graduated from the Jewish school, “Ḥinukh yeladim” (Children’s education). Later, together with his parents, he moved to Sochocin, near Plonsk (Płońsk), and there organized a self-study circle and a Jewish library. In 1928 he graduated from the Jewish teachers’ seminary in Vilna and went on to work as a teacher in the secular Jewish schools in Pruzhane (Pruzhany), Visoke, Brisk (Brest), and Kutne (Kutno). In 1938 he became a teacher and educator in the Medem Sanatorium in Miedzeszyn. In the summer of 1939 he moved to Vilna and assumed the work of the pedagogical museum of YIVO. He published a series of pedagogical writings in the school press of Poland and in the Warsaw-based Folks-tsaytung (People’s newspaper). He was killed in the first months following the invasion of the Germans into Vilna during WWII.
Source: Lerer yizker-bukh (Remembrance volume for teachers) (New York, 1954), pp. 235-36.